The CIPE Civic Engagement Hub (CEH) supports a community of civic-minded entrepreneurs to grow their work and initiatives in a collaborative and inclusive environment. Launched in 2020, the CEH is still in the process of building out its full suite of products and services to best tailor them to its network of civic-minded entrepreneurs and organizations.
While COVID-19 has forced us to temporarily close the co-working space, we are still committed to supporting civic leaders and entrepreneurs during this difficult time and have moved many of our activities and services online to comply with health and safety best practices. All CEH events are currently being held virtually until it is determined that in-person gatherings are safe for everyone.
In the coming months, we are looking forward to rolling out the following products and services:
- Co-Working Space: CIPE’s office in Addis Ababa now houses a free, interactive and multifunctional co-working space equipped with desks, a fast wireless internet connection, a board room for meetings and training sessions, and a collaborative work environment between like-minded individuals. CIPE selected a first cohort of members of the co-working space through a competitive application process, however a few desks are available for walk-in users on a first come, first served basis. Keep an eye on the “Updates” page for more information about upcoming calls for applicants. The CIPE Civic Engagement Hub Code of Conduct can be accessed here.
- Conference Room: The CEH has conference and discussion space available for training sessions, workshops, and meetings. The conference venue accommodates 30 people and is available for reservations on a first come, first served basis. Reservations must be made at least one month in advance. For reservations, please contact us here.
- CEH ‘Office Hours’: The CEH has recently launched its ‘Office Hours’ program, where a rotating group of technical experts will be available for one-on-one guidance and mentorship. CEH users can set up a time to sit down with one of CIPE’s experts and get free, targeted advice to help guide their work. As of now, this service is only available to current CEH members.
- Training Events: The CEH currently hosts regular training events on main areas impacting CSOs and civic entrepreneurs, including communications, advocacy, and monitoring and evaluation. Keep an eye on our Events page to sign up for upcoming training sessions.
- Speaker Series and ‘Happy Hour’ Events: The CEH will soon host a regular speaker series with relevant experts to share their experiences in the form of an interactive Q&A. As part of these events, the CEH will also provide space for community members to connect and identify opportunities for collaboration with other civil society groups through a regular ‘happy hour’. These blended events will provide perspectives from a wide array of stakeholders with civic-minded entrepreneurs and organizations as well as serve as a networking opportunity for CEH community members.
- Advocacy Design Sprint and Pitch Competition: CIPE recently hosted a design sprint−pitch competition, where participating organizations developed advocacy plans and competed for seed funding in the form of small grants. Teams and individuals were invited to submit concept notes in order to be accepted into the competition.
The CEH co-working space is currently closed due to COVID-19. Once back up and running:
- The co-working space will be open Monday-Thursday from 9am-4pm.
- Training rooms are available from 9am-4pm and must be reserved one month in advance.
- During events and workshops, the co-working space will be closed.
- CIPE’s co-working space coordinators will provide prior notice of any changes to the co-working space hours.
If you are interested in joining the CIPE Civic Engagement Hub or have any questions, please contact us here!